love life

LLL Pictures, Images and Photos

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Recovery!

Well I think I have recovered from the past weekend! What a wonderful weekend full of ups and downs. More ups and than downs, and I'm learning quickly to not let the downs get me so down! The weekend started out Friday night, leaving straight from work and heading to the airport to pick up Nicole and Isabella! Rylee and I got there a few minutes early and I was SO ancy! Rylee was wearing these shoes that squeak when she walks and so she was walking over the place just squeaking away! Everyone thought she was so cute :) Finally the place arrived, and tons of people kept coming down the stairs...and more and more and more, but none of them MY people! Finally she came down and I was balling as soon as I saw her and Bella. She was yelling at me from the top of the stairs, "Do NOT cry, Adell!!!" So Nicole! :) The very first time I met Nicole was the same way, I picked her up from the San Diego Airport the day before our husbands came home from their first deployment in November 2007. She came flying down the escalator as Stacy and I waited for her and she just walked right up and hugged me! I knew we would be great friends from that moment on. So anyways, we got the babies loaded up and headed into Midland. We went to grab some food, and went to the house. Of course, it was wild! Dogs and kids and babies, and all that fun stuff. We finally sat down and ate. We hung out for a little bit and tried to get the babies to sleep before we had to go pick up Casey from the airport. Rylee went down but kept waking back up and Bella was WIDE awake! It amazes me that even babies that young know when they aren't in their normal surroundings. We were getting ready to leave for the airport when Casey texted me saying she was there...I was SO mad! She was like 25 minutes early! I wanted to be there, waiting at the bottom of the stairs like I was earlier. I was SO sad :( Luckily we live in Midland and it only takes about 10 minutes to get to the airport, so we rused there, and I ran in and found her! I was so happy to hug her neck! She has been a wonderful friend for the past year. We kinda knew of each other in Maryland, but didn't really meet until she and her ex moved to California. She and Nicole were great friends and after Rylee was born and I moved down there, she pretty much became a part of my family! They just lived right up the street, and since both of our marriages were totally sucky, we spent tons of time together! Needless to say, moving away after three months was really hard on us! We were both going through divorces, and a thousand miles apart from each other :( It def sucked. But now, here we were in Midland hugging each other with all we have and SO happy to see each other. We ended up going to the store and getting her some food before we went home. Rylee was crashed out and Casey was so bummed, but she got to hold her. Its amazing how fast the babies grow and even though I send pictures of Rylee all the time, she couldn't believe how big she was and how much hair she had! haha!

We had a wonderful time, and even though we didn't really get to go and do a lot of stuff, I really enjoyed just spending time and yacking away with my girls until late at night, drinking Arbor Mist :)

The birthday party was a HUGE success! Chance almost didn't make it, because he slept through his alarm (Jerk Alert!!!) and I almost let it ruin my day. Somehow he was able to catch a quick flight that got him here on time, but needless to say, the disappointment there was strong.

We had to move the party to Midland Christian's gym because it was a little rainy. It ended up turning out fabulous!!!! We had a giant pink castle jumper that the kids, and adults, enjoyed! The decorations were so cute, and I really think everyone had a great time! It was very special to have all of our wonderful friends and family there to help celebrate Rylee's first year! I will try to get some pictures sent out, and uploaded. There are some under Lauren's facebook page and I am tagged in the so you can see them there too!

Casey had to leave at the end of the party, but her flight got cancelled when she got there!! Can we say EXCITED?!?!?! I was so ecstatic! One more night with one of my best friends! So we hung out again that night, we were all exhausted after the weekend, and so we didn't stay up too late. I had to get up and take Casey to the airport early that morning, and we made a Whataburger stop for some breakfast. After dropping her off, we all got ready and took Nicole and Bella to Graham Pharmacy for lunch, and then over to a consignment shop here in Midland called Daisy's that sells all the bows that I put on Rylee's head. Nicole went crazyyyy! Bella had like no bows, which is just not acceptable :) so she bought her a HUGE stockpile of bows and bands! Let me tell you, that beautiful girl is going to be getting all the attention now with her beautiful big bows!! :)

Chance came over after I had to take them to the airport (major sadface here) and we ran a few errands, and ate dinner. It was weird. I was so ready for him to leave, which sounds so terrible, but I do just fine when he is not around, and when he is here, I have all these feelings that come flooding back. I just wanted him to go away so the feelings would too. It worked! He left on Tuesday morning, and I'm back to my normal happy Adell again!

Getting back into work has been ok, I just hate working in general, but I guess I just need to get over it!

Recovery has been speedy this time around and I'm very happy about that! I miss my friends, and sometimes I miss being married, but not to him. I love my daughter, family, friends and life. Thank you Lord for blessing beyond what I can see sometimes!

1 comment:

  1. Aww Adell!! I'm so so glad that Nicole and Casey got to come out and celebrate Rylee"s birthday. One day I will be flying my butt out to Midland to see you! I miss you so much and i'm so glad you're doing well. Love and miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete