love life

LLL Pictures, Images and Photos

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Beefy Tot Casserole

Soooo, my mom and I came to an agreement a couple of months ago. I am now the chef at the Curry house :) I make dinner most nights a week for the 6-7 people at our house. I have been posting my menu on facebook and been getting a lot of responses about my friends wanting recipes. I have been using Taste of Home a lot...their recipes are so realistic and easy, and very yummy! I'm going to *hopefully* keep up and get the recipes posted for you guys!! On Tuesday I made Beefy Tot Casserole...it was delicious and we devoured the entire thing that night (this basically never happens) :)


4 cups frozen tater tots
1 pound ground beef
1 package (16oz) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 can cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 can french-fried onions, divided (i used about 2 cups instead of the whole can)
1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese, divided (i used more cheese because we like it cheesy!!)
1/3 cup milk
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp pepper

Place tater tots in an ungreased 13x9 dish and bake uncovered at 400 for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook beef until no longer pink, drain. Stir in the broccoli, soup, 3/4 cup french-fried onions, 1/2 cup cheese, milk and seasonings..heat through. Pour over tater tots.
Cover and bake for 20 mins. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions and bake for another 5-10 mins, or until cheese is melted.

I served with my cheesey garlic biscuits:

2cups bisquick
3/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Mix the first three ingredients...mixture should be thick. Spoon onto greased baking dish and bake for 10 minutes on 350. Melt butter and stir in garlic powder. After you pull the biscuits out (i wait until they are a little brown on top) and baste with butter!

These are similar to the red lobster biscuits and man, they are so good and so easy!!

I also served this with a green salad with fresh chopped veggies on top!

Hope you guys like this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment