love life

LLL Pictures, Images and Photos

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summa Lovin...kinda!

Summer 2010 has been crazy busy! I left my job the last week of May, and started going to school the following week on June 1st...full time!!!! I'm taking a total of 12 hours this summer which is a lot for summer. I am taking four classes, some of them spread out. I am taking statistics ALL summer long...it is a T/TH class at 8am! What was I thinking?? I was thinking that I just wanted to get it done lol. This is the last week of Summer I session, so I will be done with 2 classes...English 2328 which is American Lit. I was really nervous about it because typically I don't like reading stuff that somebody tells me to read (rebellious much??) but it was actually a good class. At first I didn't think the teacher liked me, but once I told her I was getting divorced and had a young baby, she felt we had something in common. Her husband just left her about 3 years ago after a long marriage. So anyways, I'm doing well in that class. Then I'm also taking a special education course. This is a required course, and after taking it, I really don't have any desire to teach special ed. It seems very stressful to me, and emotional. Anyone that knows me, knows I don't need anymore emotion in my life lol! Those classes have been everyday M-TH at 10:30 and at 3. So as you can see my schedule has been really full!

The school I go to, UTPB, is in Odessa which is about 20 miles from Midland. It isn't too bad, but sometimes I get tired of driving over here. I better get used to it though...2 more years of it everyday!

Rylee bear has been having a busy summer too! She goes to play with Lauren on Mondays and Tuesdays and she started Mother's Day Out on Wed/Thurs. She LOVES it! She is so stinking social and loves to play so it was just right up her alley. Fridays I am off of school, so it is usually Mommy-Rylee day! I'm loving spending more time with her and she has been really good about taking naps around the same time when I'm home with her....the first sign of a schedule and I'm soooo happy about it!

We went to a family reunion mid-June with all of our family on my mom's side. My mom's best friend has a HUGE...AMAZING lake house in Kingsland and we stayed there for 4 days. It was wonderful until Rylee got sick, and the AC went out in our room. But it was still a good time!

We had planned a vacation to Colorado in August, but Mom's new teacher in-service is that week, so it wasn't going to work out. She was bound and determined that we are going on a vacation so she threw one together for next week! lol...I suggested Austin and that is where we are going! We are staying at an RV park, but Rylee and I get to stay in a cabin with Mom's friend GG. We are going on a trainride, and a bat cruise (super excited about this) and just gonna have some fun! They are going on Wed, but I think I'm going to fly there on Thursday because I have class, praise and worship, and I really don't feel like driving by myself with Rylee. She screamed the entire way home from Kingsland because she didn't feel good, and I just don't think I can handle that all alone lol.

Well that is kinda what is going on with me right now. Life is good, can't complain...and I love it that way!

1 comment:

  1. I ended up loving my Lit class so i'm glad you're enjoying it more too! Have fun in Austin and take lots of pictures! :D Love ya!

    ReplyDelete